A few weeks ago, one of my favorite stores, Meijer, reached out to me and asked if I wanted to be a part of their spring beauty campaign. I am not (nor will I ever claim to be!) a beauty blogger, but I love Meijer and my beauty bag needed a spring cleaning, so I eagerly jumped on board. First let me say how much respect I have for the bloggers that can make a "still life" look so good - it's hard work! I have come to be of the mind that "less is more" when it comes to the products that I use on a daily basis. Below are some of my favorite cleansing, makeup and hair products.
- Cetaphil Daily Cleanser: Let me start by saying that my skin type is combination, with oily tendencies in the t-zone. I am prone to breakouts, especially on my chin, and I have tried TONS of face washes over the years to try to achieve clear skin. TONS. Any kind with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide...it's been in my shower. A few months ago, my skin was red, itchy, peeling and breaking out like crazy. I blamed the stress of boards, licensure and starting a new job. A friend of mine recommended that I try Cetaphil face wash and I am SO GLAD that I did. I should've made the switch years ago! It cleanses my skin without drying it out, and doesn't have any abrasive ingredients. I realized that I was WAY over treating my acne, and that when I gave my skin something soothing and simple, that it calmed down and cleared up right away. I use this cleanser twice a day.
- Clarisonic Mia: I use this to take my makeup off at night. It's like getting a massaging facial before bed! I was hesitant to spend the money on this, but it has been an irreplaceable part of my routine. I can really tell a difference in my skin texture and breakout frequency when I don't use it regularly.
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: This is a new addition to my routine. It's the perfect moisturizer for me, and I can't say enough great things about it! It's as if it gives more moisture when my skin is dry and thirsty, but offers weightless hydration when my skin is not as ornery. I also use it on my hands and neck!
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment: MY HOLY GRAIL. Ask any of my coworkers - I don't go anywhere without my Aquaphor!! It is essentially like Vaseline with bisabolol, which is an anti-inflammatory agent. I use this as lip balm, on my cuticles, and on cracks/dry skin.
- L'Oreal Revitalift Volume Filler Serum (c/o): I just recently started using this as well. I put it on at night and have seen a big difference in the fine lines around my eyes in just a few weeks!
- Conair Infiniti Pro 3Q Hair Dryer (c/o): Oh my word, ladies. If you have thick or hard-to-dry hair, this is for you! This tool promises "powerful, ultra-fast drying", "75% less frizz" and "40% quieter noise reduction technology", and boy, did it deliver! My hair usually takes about 15 mins to blowdry (after an hour of air drying!), and this product cut that down to about 7 minutes. I'm in love!
- Revlon Rose Gold Professional Curling Iron, 1.25": This is the curling iron that I use when I want to achieve big, loose waves. It heats up quickly, and my curls last all day, which is a plus in my book!
- Matrix Biolage SmoothProof Serum: I use a few pumps of this after washing my hair. It keep my hair soft, shiny and smooth and smells amazing!
- Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray: I love the smell of this, and it provides hold without making my styles "crunchy".
- Dove Refresh+Care Volume Dry Shampoo: Absolutely, positively one of my top five products. CANNOT live without this! The smell is amazing and it blends into my dark hair. I usually wash my hair about 3 times per week, so this buys me time between washes.
- L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Eye Liner in Black: Love this stuff! It stays where I put it all day long, which prevents the "raccoon eye" look - hooray!
- Essie Nail Polish Cashmere Matte (c/o): I had not been a fan of matte polishes until these! They go on flawlessly in two coats, and have this bluish-pearly sheen to them that is so beautiful. My three favorite shades are Just Stitched (pink), Comfy in Cashmere (mocha brown), and Spun in Luxe (bluish black).
- Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation: I had been looking for a matte cream foundation, and this one works great! It's lightweight but provides full coverage, and is under $10...can't beat that!
- L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Powder (c/o): Great for touchups during the day if my chin and nose get a little shiny! It comes in a compact with a mirror and sponge which is super convenient.
- Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Waterproof Mascara (c/o): I have been using the same mascara for years and have not found any others worth trading for...until now! The brush really defines and separates every lash, and the staying-power of this mascara is seriously amazing.
- Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Ravish: My everyday color. Never dries out, and I sometimes don't even have to reapply during the day!
- Covergirl Cheekers Blush in Deep Plum: The perfect rosy flush, and it has just the right amount of shimmer to it.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin: I wear this everyday, either on its own or under shadow. It provides a perfect gold-shimmer by itself, or acts as primer for my shadow. It totally eliminates the dreaded shadow crease!
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Perfume: I have been wearing this every day since high school! It is my everyday, signature scent.
Phew! Are y'all still with me?! I know that was a lot! I so appreciate you following along, and I hope this post inspires you to do a little spring cleaning of your own stash! As I said earlier, Meijer is one of my favorite places to shop - they have groceries, home goods and beauty products all under one roof. I love trying new products, but don't want to break the bank to do so. They have some great new products this spring that I can't wait to try! What products do you love? What products are you dying to try this season?
Thanks for reading, and have a great week!
As a disclaimer, I must mention that this post was sponsored by Meijer Beauty. All photos and opinions are entirely my own.